TYPE OF GLASS
Rippled Stem Glass
- 3 oz The Great Gentleman Spicy Pineapple Soda
- 1 oz Root Beer Syrup
- 1 oz Menaud Rhubarb Liqueur
- ½ oz Tequila
- ¼ oz Cynar
- Pink peppercorn powder and sugar for the rim
- Dried vanilla bean and edible flowers as garnish
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE ROOT BEER SYRUP:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp Dune pepper
- 1 tbsp Madagascar vanilla
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp black tea
MAKE THE SYRUP: Steep the aromatic herbs in 500 ml of water and 500 ml of white sugar for 24 hours.
FOR THE RIM: Mix 1 part pink peppercorn powder with 1 part sugar. Add a little The Great Gentleman Spicy Pineapple Soda in one small plate and pink peppercorn/sugar powder in another.
In a shaker, add the Root Beer Syrup, the rhubarb liqueur, tequila and Cynar, and shake. Place the rim of the glass onto the plate with the Spicy Pineapple Soda first and then onto the plate with the pink peppercorn/sugar powder. Add ice to the glass and double strain the cocktail into the glass. Top with the Spicy Pineapple Soda and garnish with a vanilla bean and an edible flower.
A cocktail by Émile Archambault