TYPE OF GLASS
- 3 oz The Great Gentleman Bitter Lemon Soda
- 1 oz egg white (vegan option: Ms Better's Bitters - Vegan Foamer)
- 1 dash grapefruit bitters
- ¼ oz homemade champagne syrup
- ½ oz homemade vanilla syrup
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz fresh grapefruit juice
- ½ oz Martini Riserva Speciale Ambrato
- 1 ½ oz Basil Hayden's Two by Two
- Dehydrated citrus fruit (lemon or grapefruit)
- Basil leaf
- INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE CHAMPAGNE SYRUP:
- 1L bubbles (Cava, Prosecco, Fiol or Champagne)
- 800 gr white sugar
- INGREDIENTS FOR VANILLA SYRUP:
- 1L water
- 3 pods fresh vanilla
- 1L white sugar
Start by separating your egg white from the yolk (optional: for vegans, add 2 dashes of the Ms Better's Bitters - Vegan Foamer). In a shaker, combine all the ingredients except the The Great Gentleman Bitter Lemon Soda. Add ice and shake thoroughly (wet shake). Then remove the ice and shake a second time (dry shake). Fine strain the cocktail gently over the glass filled with ice. Top with Bitter Lemon Soda and garnish with a basil leaf, a dehydrated citrus fruit and a few lines of angostura.
OPTIONAL: HOMEMADE SYRUPS
You can also purchase syrups at any specialized cocktail store.
HOMEMADE CHAMPAGNE SYRUP: Bring 800g of sugar to a boil with 1L of bubbles or champagne. Stir and let stand.
HOMEMADE VANILLA SYRUP: In a pot, add 1L of water. Open and scrape the inside of the vanilla pods with a small knife. Let the syrup take on the taste and color of vanilla. Add 1L of sugar. Mix and let stand.
A cocktail by Amélie Belley.